30
Nov
12

The Happy Secret to Better Work

This has got to be one of the more uplifting, humorous and informative TED talks I have heard.  To be honest, the talk is worth watching just for the humour, but there is also some very helpful information here.

“If we study what is average, we will remain merely average.”

Shawn Achor speaks about positive psychology and these stats gives us a pretty good idea of what he is talking about:

  • 90% of your long-term happiness is predicted, not by the external world, but by the way your brain processes the world.
  • Only 25% of your job success is predicted by IQ; the remaining 75% is predicted by your optimism levels.

As for the rest, tune in to find out!

DOWNLOAD: THE HAPPY SECRET TO BETTER WORK (12 minutes)

Credits:  Achor, Shawn.  “The Happy Secret to Better Work.”  TED.  May 2011.

Advertisements

0 Responses to “The Happy Secret to Better Work”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: